The terminology differs from that in current use in New Zealand Occupational Health where the term Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS) equates to the American MSD.
What does OOS stand for?
OOS stands for Occupational Overuse Syndrome (repetitive stress injury)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of OOS
We have 56 other meanings of OOS in our Acronym Attic
- Object-Oriented Remote Procedure Calls
- Object-Oriented Reengineering Patterns and Techniques
- Orbicularis Oculi Reflex Responses
- Object-Oriented Reading Technique
- Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer
- Object-Oriented Real-Time System
- Object-Oriented Real Time Software Foundation
- Object-Oriented Real-Time System Framework
- Object Oriented Specification (computing)
- Object-Oriented Systems
- Off-Line Operating Simulator
- Office Operations Supervisor (US Census Bureau)
- Offshore Outsourced Services
- Ohio Odonata Society
- Ohio Ornithological Society
- On Other Sites
- On-Orbit Operations Summary
- On-Orbit Servicing
- OneSAF (One Semi-Automated Force) Objective System (OneSAF is an Army simulation)
- Online Operating System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is also known as repetitive movement injury, occupational overuse syndrome and cumulative trauma disorder, according to Gregory Fox, a Boston chiropractor specializing in computer-related injuries.