Written by safety and standards organizations in Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Norway, Malaysia, and elsewhere, the standard was designed to replace conflicting local standards and help corporations establish an occupational health and safety management system to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks, according to the OHSAS website (http://www.
What does OHSAS stand for?
OHSAS stands for Occupational Health and Safety Management System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OHSAS
We have 1 other meaning of OHSAS in our Acronym Attic
- Occupational Health Services Australia
- Oxidized Human Serum Albumin (biochemistry)
- Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Özel Hastaneler ve Saglik Kuruluslari Dernegi (Turkey)
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare (British Columbia, Canada)
- Ohio Head Start Association, Inc. (Dayton, OH)
- Occupational Health & Safety Advisory Services (est. 2001; UK)
- Occupational Health & Safety Assessment Series
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (UK)
- Occupational Health and Safety Auditing System
- Occupational Health and Safety Standard
- Occupational Health, Safety and Security
- Occupational Health and Safety Bureau
- Office of Health Surveillance and Biometrics
- Orchestre d'Harmonie de Saint-Brieuc
- Oriental-Hyundai Sdn. Bhd. (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Ohio High School Baseball Coaches Association
- Ohio High School Boys' Volleyball Association
- Occupational Health and Safety Commission
- Occupational Health and Safety Consultants, Inc. (est. 1994; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In order to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations, OHSAS 18001 has been developed to be compatible with the internationally recognized ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) standards.
In addition, the Guadalajara facility is now also certified to the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001, an internationally recognized standard for occupational health and safety management system to address changing legislation and protect workforces.
position opposing development of an international occupational health and safety management system standard.