Irish officers were first deployed to Lebanon as observers in 1958 as part of Observer Group Lebanon.
What does OGL stand for?
OGL stands for Observer Group Lebanon (UN truce supervisory mission in southern Lebanon)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OGL
We have 34 other meanings of OGL in our Acronym Attic
- Oliveira, Gross and Kohn (physicists)
- Only God Knows
- Original Gangsta Killas (gang)
- Original Gangster Kush
- Original German Kafers
- Osaka Grip Kako (bicycle equipment parts manufacturer; Osaka, Japan)
- Our Glorious King (Huntington, IN; church)
- Orang Gunung Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian outdoor activities organization)
- Olympic Games Knowledge Management
- Olympic Games Knowledge Services (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
UNTSO Observer Group Lebanon (OGL) Senior Grade Commander Morten Einbu honored the fallen peacekeepers.
The French Defence Ministry in Paris identified the dead officer as Major Jean Louis Valet, who was serving with UN Observer Group Lebanon, which monitors the 1949 armistice line between Lebanon and Israel.