In this case, the ratio of choices for alternative A is equal to the ratio of choices for alternative B, that is, the observed ratio is equal to the expected ratio (50% for both).
What does OR stand for?
OR stands for Observed Ratio
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OR
We have 47 other meanings of OR in our Acronym Attic
- Oscillating Quantum Vacuum
- Ontario Queer Women's Network
- Oregon Queer Youth Conference (annual)
- Oak Ridge
- Object Recognition
- Object Reference (CORBA)
- Object Reuse
- Object to Relational
- Objective Response
- Occupancy Rate
- Occurrence Report
- Odds Ratio (element of statistical regression analysis, science)
- Offence Report (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Offensive Rebound (basketball)
- Office of Record
- Officer Representative
- Official Receipt
- Official Records (Of the American Civil War; historical citations)
- Old Ruymian (alumni of Chatham House Grammar School for boys, Ramsgate, Kent, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After distributing the unknowns by the observed ratios of objects, the team arrived at the 35 percent false-positive rate.
Observed ratio was larger to test ratio and also P-value is less than 0.
It should hence be ensured that the capital adequacy and leverage ratios for the two big banks are set such that they are close to the highest actually observed ratios of major international banks.
For most of the studies conducted between the 1950s and the 1980s, fisheries bycatch was estimated by using a ratio estimator, that is to say by calculating the observed ratio of fish (F) bycatch to shrimp (S) by weight and then multiplying by the total pounds of shrimp landed by the fleet (the F:S ratio estimator).
826 for the comparison, close to the observed ratio.
He notes that the new recipe, based on collisions of high-speed carbon and oxygen nuclei with low-speed protons, is required to explain the observed ratio of boron-11 to boron-10.