Numerous illustrations drive home important concepts of warfare, especially the systematic description of the three domains of conflict--cognitive, information, and physical--derived from the observe, orient, decide, act loop discussed in previous Command and Control Research Program publications.
What does OODA stand for?
OODA stands for Observe, Orient, Decide, Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of OODA
We have 2 other meanings of OODA in our Acronym Attic
- Officer Of the Deck
- Officer on Duty
- On Official Duty
- Order of Difficulty (exams)
- Order of the Obsidian Dragon (gaming)
- Out of Date
- Out of District (North Carolina State Board of Education)
- Object-Oriented Design with Assemblies
- Object-Oriented Domain Analysis
- Observation, Orientation, Decision and Action
- Object-Oriented Database
- Object Oriented Database Management System
- Object Oriented Data Base Management System
- Object Oriented Database System
- Object-Oriented Database Task Group
- Open-Ocean Deep Convection
- Object-Oriented Distributed Computing Environment
- Object-Oriented Design and Development (programming)
- Object-Oriented Data Definition Language
- Officer of Overseas Dependent Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Colonel John Boyd described the Observe, Orient, Decide, Act (OODA) Loop, a concept of decisionmaking, that when utilized, allows one to act before the enemy, and thus positively affect the outcome of an engagement.
In that case, Serbian air defense forces were certainly operating inside our observe, orient, decide, act loop.
Mets makes a somewhat scathing indictment of the observe, orient, decide, act (OODA) loop in strategic thinking, stating that we turned inside that loop in 1975 during the Mayaguez incident with disastrous results (in fact, our enemies then seemed to have gotten inside our OODA loop and understood that our demands were deadly serious).