CJR replaces the original Cobra Judy, USNS Observation Island, also developed by Raytheon and in service since 1981.
What does OBIS stand for?
OBIS stands for Observation Island
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of OBIS
We have 29 other meanings of OBIS in our Acronym Attic
- Optus Business Internet Mail
- Obligated Involuntary Officer
- Oracle Beehive Integration for Outlook
- Office-Based Independent Practice (physician location)
- Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher
- Object-Based Image Retrieval
- Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation
- Organizational Behaviour/Industrial Relations (graduate course title; various universities)
- Optical Beam Induced Resistance Change
- Oregon Brain Injury Resource Network
- Ocean Biogeographic Information System
- Online Business Information Service
- Optimal Buffer Insertion and Sizing
- Oracle Business Intelligence Suite (software)
- Oxoid Biochemical Identification System
- Oscillation Built-In Self Test
- Oil-Burning Ignition Transformer
- Outer Band Individuated Teletracer (TV series The Outer Limits)
- Optics Built-In Test Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Airport Hole off Pahokee is a prime example, as are holes off Observation Island," said King.
Cable Laying/Repair Ship (T-ARC) USNS Zeus (T-ARC 7) USS Mount Whitney (LCC/JCC 20) Missile Range Instrumentation Ships (T-AGM) USNS Observation Island (T-AGM 23) USNS Invincible (T-AGM 24) Navigation Test Support Ships (T-AGS) USNS Waters (T-AGS 45) Ocean Surveillance Ships (T-AGOS) USNS Victorious (T-AGOS 19) USNS Able (T-AGOS 20) USNS Effective (T-AGOS 21) USNS Loyal (T-AGOS 22) USNS Impeccable (T-AGOS 23) Oceanographic Survey Ships (T-AGS) USNS John McDonnell (T-AGS 51) (1) USNS Pathfinder (T-AGS 60) USNS Sumner (T-AGS 61) USNS Bowditch (T-AGS 62) USNS Henson (T-AGS 63) USNS Bruce C.
Operated by the Military Sealift Command the missile range instrumentation ship, equipped with a new dual band phased array radar system and other advanced mission technology, will replace the USNS Observation Island launched in 1953.
The CJR team will replace the existing Cobra Judy and USNS Observation Island, fielded by Raytheon in the early 1980s, to provide the strategic community, the Missile Defense Agency, and related communities with a long- loiter, foreign ballistic missile data collection capability in support of international treaty verification.
One of the vessels, the 17,015-ton Observation Island, arrived at Sasebo Monday to join the 2,262-ton Invincible, which entered the base in southwestern Japan in July.
The Observation Island last stopped in Japan three days before North Korea fired a rocket over Japan in August 1998, the paper said.
BUSINESS WIRE)--July 7, 1999-- Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTNA)(NYSE:RTNB) has been awarded a contract with an estimated value of $62 million over five years to operate, maintain and provide logistics support to two sensor systems aboard the USNS Observation Island and the USNS Invincible for the United States Air Force Air Intelligence Agency, San Antonio, Texas.