At the end of this first part topics such as classes and methods, which are important in any object-oriented language, are discussed.
What does OOL stand for?
OOL stands for Object-Oriented Language
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OOL
We have 12 other meanings of OOL in our Acronym Attic
- Overly Obsessed Jonas Brothers Fan
- Obihiro Otani Junior College (Japan)
- Old Orchard Junior High (Skokie, IL)
- Omituisten Otusten Kerho (Finnish gaming glan)
- On-Off Keying
- Order of Knights (role playing group)
- Ouderen Overleg Komitee (Dutch: Elderly Discussion Committee; est. 1993; Brussels, Belgium)
- Out of kilter
- Out of Kingdom
- Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - Coolangatta (Airport Code)
- Object-Oriented Lingo
- Office of Licensing (various locations)
- Office of Oceanography and Limnology
- Office of Open Learning (University of Guelph; Canada)
- Oil Offloading Line
- Open Office Landscape (office architecture)
- Operation Overlord (D-Day invasion, WWII)
- Optimize Optimum Online
- Optimum Online
- Order of Laibach (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Assuming familiarity with an object-oriented language, this guide introduces the Adobe Flex library of ActionScript objects for building internet application that run on Flash Player.
0 social news application from scratch, in the process teaching the fundamentals of Ruby's object-oriented language, Rails web applications and Ajax features, the foundations of database management and code testing, and more.
Python - a mostly object-oriented language with garbage collection, operator overloading, reflection, free functions, closures, lists, iterators, and list comprehensions
ParcPlace commercialized the Smalltalk object-oriented programming language, a "pure" object-oriented language for serious business application development.
Students will benefit from code reuse and encapsulation capabilities that object-oriented programming offers; but more importantly, they can build on their knowledge of other object-oriented languages that they are already learning at school.
We are eager to offer the software engineering community a unique opportunity to hear these powerful industry experts discuss their views of the information technology directions and the role of object-oriented languages in future program development," states Terry Doran, Conference Chair of TRI-Ada '95.
By combining the latest technologies in application metamodeling, domain-specific languages and automatic source-code generation, testing and documentation, Spectra tools provide a first-to-market COTS example of the greatest advance in software development tooling since the adoption of object-oriented languages and UML in the mid-1990s.