Most recently, he co-chaired the snapshot sub-group of the Object-Based Storage Devices (OSD) Technical Work Group at the Storage Networking Industry Association.
What does OSD stand for?
OSD stands for Object-Based Storage Device
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of OSD
We have 179 other meanings of OSD in our Acronym Attic
- Orange Show Center for Visionary Art
- Owen Sound Collegiate and Vocational Institute (Canada)
- Open Source Computer Vision Library (Intel Corporation)
- Oregon Society of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Old School Championship Wrestling
- One Step Closure for Wireless (registered trademark of 3M)
- Out-of-School Children and Youth
- Ocean Salmon Conservation Zone
- Open Source Consortium Zeeland (Netherlands)
- Oakland School District
- Obstructive Sleep Disorder
- Ocala Service Directory
- Ocean Science Division (various locations)
- Ocean State Dubs (Rhode Island)
- Oceanside (Amtrak station code; Oceanside, CA)
- Office of Student Diversity (various schools)
- Office of Supplier Diversity (Florida)
- Office of Sustainable Development (various locations)
- Office of Systems Development
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the technology side, learn about the hot new trend in the IT area of enterprise architecture and object-based storage devices (OSD) in Joe Straub and Kenneth Samarra's article, "OSD: The Future of Storage.
Object-based storage devices will begin to emerge and will be accompanied by a long-overdue taxonomy including naming conventions, indexing, access control and data attributes/properties.
Designed to stimulate the storage industry, Network Storage 2001 offers attendees a chance to debate cutting-edge technologies such as Fibre Channel, Storage over IP, virtualization, iSCSI, InfiniBand, Virtual Interface, DAFS, SAN and NAS appliances, content networking, and Object-based Storage Devices.
Panasas' combination of object-based storage devices and a parallel file system provides CNOOC with a system that significantly improves cluster performance and seamlessly integrates with both Linux clusters and existing legacy computing environments.
User and application files are decomposed into a set of data objects and distributed across one or more Object-based Storage Devices (OSDs).
PHOENIX, STORAGE NETWORKING WORLD, April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Seagate , along with Emulex and IBM, today unveiled a joint technology demonstration using Object-Based Storage Devices (OSD).
This enhanced storage device is designated an Object-based Storage Device (OSD).