The VA health care system has grown from 54 hospitals in 1930, to include more than 152 medical centers, nearly 1,400 community-based outpatient clinics, 126 nursing home care units and 35 domiciliaries today.
What does NHCU stand for?
NHCU stands for Nursing Home Care Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- New Hampshire Commission on the Status of Women (advocacy organization)
- Normal Hematocrit Cardiac Trial
- Normal Human Renal Collecting Tubule
- Northamptonshire Historic Churches Trust (UK)
- Notting Hill Carnival Trust (London, UK)
- National Hsin-Chu Teachers College (Taiwan)
- New Hampshire Community Technical College
- New Hampshire Community Technical College System
- New Hampshire Council of Teachers of English
- Non-Homogeneous Continuous Time Markov Chain (also seen as NH-CTMC)
- New Hampshire College and University Council (Concord)
- New Hampshire Conference of the United Church of Christ (Pembroke, NH)
- National Hsinchu University of Education (Taiwan)
- New Hampshire Credit Union League
- New Hampshire Citizens Voice Project (est. 2002; education advocacy)
- National Health Center Week
- New Hampshire Celebrates Wellness
- Non-Health Care Worker
- National Heritage Database
- National History Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
Geriatric and extended care is provided in the 120-bed skilled nursing home care unit.
Bowers, Staff Nurse, Nursing Home Care Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Eastern Colorado Health Care System, Denver; Elaine Corder, Director of Access, Hospital Integration, Palliative Care and Professional Relations, Hospice and Palliative Care of Western Colorado, Grand Junction; Sheryl L.
From 54 hospitals in 1930, the VA health-care system has grown to include 173 medical centers, with at least one in each of the 48 contiguous states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia; more than 391 outpatient, community and outreach clinics; 131 nursing home care units and 39 domiciliaries.
Rendell paid tribute to former fighting men and women during a visit to the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center Nursing Home Care Unit.
VA operates its own nursing home care units in 132 locations, and VA also pays for nursing home care under contract in non-VA nursing homes--referred to as community nursing homes.
Additionally, VA also operates more than 135 nursing home care units, contracts with 3,500 community nursing homes and supports 100 state veterans homes.
If acquired, VA would open a 120-bed nursing home care unit, adult day health care, and rehabilitative medicine service.