In order to properly allocate resources to improve patient outcomes and contain costs, nurse case managers must have a highly specialized skill set.
What does NCM stand for?
NCM stands for Nurse Case Manager
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCM
We have 161 other meanings of NCM in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Commissioned Member (Canadian Military)
- Nonrated Crewmember
- Nordic Council of Ministers
- Normal Cubic Meter
- North Coast Music (Cudahy, WI)
- Nostro Cash Manager
- Notice of Commencement of Manufacture
- Number of Children Modules
- Numerical Conformal Mapping
- Numerically Controlled Mill (computer-controlled milling/lathing/drilling/etc. machine)
- Natural Complementary Medicine with Ozone
- Non-Rated Crew Member Manned Module (US DoD)
- Nassau County Museum of Art
- National Campus Ministry Association
- National Capital Music Academy
- National Capital Music Association
- National Capital Mustang Association (Ontario, Canada)
- National Catalog Managers Association
- National Catholic Ministerial Alliance
- National Center for Marine Algae and Microbiota (Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences; East Boothbay, ME)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since completing a dissertation investigating the quality of life and post-stress trauma after a traumatic limb loss in combat and spending one-year on active duty as a community-based nurse case manager for wounded warriors, I am enriched with a very broad knowledge of the issues, concerns, triumphs, and tribulations.
In the new system, when a patient calls in for an appointment, the patient will speak to a nurse case manager, who will coordinate services and ensure the most appropriate professional delivers the services required.
Its centerpiece was the Warrior Transition unit, described as complete with command staff, a primary care doctor and a nurse case manager, all in service to the wounded soldier.
Byline: The Register-Guard People Virginia Justice and Tina Rose, both licensed practical nurses, have been hired as nurse case managers by New Horizons In-Home Care in Eugene.
The teams includes a claims manager, full-time vocational consultant, nurse case manager, internal medicine specialist and psychologist, as well as scheduled time with a certified public accountant.
Nurse practitioners provide physicals and lab work screenings and a nurse case manager provides follow-up on lab values and individualized health teaching.
SAN DIEGO -- An intensive intervention conducted by a nurse case manager and community health worker over 18 months helped reduce visits to the emergency department, and possibly hospitalizations, among urban African Americans with type 2 diabetes, Tiffany Gary, Ph.