Miller and his colleagues created their simulated galaxies using powerful computers at the Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Facility at Ames.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAS
We have 400 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- NORAD Alerting System
- North Aegean Sea
- North American Specification (cars manufactured for North American market)
- North American Stainless (various locations)
- Northern Aral Sea (project)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norwegian commercial air carrier)
- Not a Sentence (editing)
- Nozzle Actuating System
- Nuclear Assembly System
- Numerical Aerospace Simulation
- Numerical and Atmospheric Sciences Network
- Numéro d'Assurance Sociale
- American Nuclear Society Latin-American Section
- National Academy of Science - National Research Council
- Net Analyte Signal Based Statistical Quality Control
- Nucleus Accumbens Septi and Tuberculum Olfactorium
- National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine (Washington, DC)
- NAS/NAE Science And Engineering Committee Advisory to NOAA
- National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
We set up AVA-200s and video cameras at three sites and sent video from each site to every other," said Jim McCabe, Long Haul Subsystem Manager for Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation (NAS) Program at Ames Research Center.
Additionally, the first InfiniBand benchmarks will be highlighted at the event, with the Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation (NAS) Parallel benchmarks showing near linear scalability of an InfiniBand cluster.
This facility is known as the Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation (NAS) facility.
d) The NAS benchmark was developed through the Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation Program at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.