A modem cable has the wires in the cable going straight through, whereas a null modem cable has the transmit and receive lines (as well as the handshaking lines) crossed in the cable.
What does NMC stand for?
NMC stands for Null Modem Cable
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NMC
We have 292 other meanings of NMC in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Mining Council
- Northumbrian Mountaineering Club (est. 1945)
- Northwest Medical Center (Tucson, Arizona)
- Northwestern Michigan College (Traverse City, Michigan)
- Norwegian Microarray Consortium
- Not Mission Capable
- NSSDC Master Catalog (NASA)
- Nuclear Management Company (Hudson, Wisconsin)
- Nuclear Material Convention
- Nuclear Medicine Centre
- Nuriootpa Medical Centre (Australia)
- Nurse-Managed Clinic
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (UK)
- Naval Material Command Acquisition/Logistics Management Training Center
- Naval Material Command Management/Administrative Training Center
- Naval Material Command Training Operations Division
- Nuclear Material Control and Accounting
- National Meteorological Center / National Center for Environmental Prediction
- Nantmor Mountain Centre Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
All you need is a null modem cable and a card programmer.
NEC/ITeX Turnkey Reference Design -- Hardware -- ADSL501 evaluation board -- Power adapter -- Null modem cable -- Two cross Ethernet cables (CAT5) -- USB cable Software -- CD-ROM with Wind River Tornado-II system development tool and C compiler; 60-day free trial version CD-ROM with image files of ADSL, ATM, Ethernet, USB and VR4120 devices and VxWorks v5.
8kbps connection speed or better, high-speed serial port, Serial Play: null modem cable, high-speed serial port.
Serial connection (2 players, requires null modem cable and 16550 UART high-speed serial port).
8 kbps connection) or Via serial cable link (requires null modem cable and 16550 UART high speed serial port) Note to Editors: Electronic Arts, EA SPORTS, ORIGIN Systems, Maxis, Westwood Studios and Bullfrog are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts or its wholly-owned subsidiaries in the U.
Serial play (2 player): Null modem cable, high-speed serial port (16550 UART).