5 (intermediate 0 (low penetration) penetration) Nucleoside or nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors Retrovir (zidovudine) Emtriva Videx (didanosine) (emtricitabine) Ziagen (abacavir) Epivir (lamivudine) Viread (tenofovir) Zerit (stavudine) Nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors Viramune (nevirapine) Sustiva (efavirenz) Intelence (etravirine) * Protease inhibitors Crixivan (indinavir) Reyataz (atazanavir) Aptivus (tipranavir) + (+ RTV) RTV Kaletra (lopinavir + Reyataz + RTV Invirase (saquinavir) RTV) + RTV Agenerase[dagger] Prezista (darunavir) + Norvir (ritonavir) (amprenavir) + RTV RTV Viracept (nelfinavir) Entry inhibitors Selzentry Fuzeon (enfuvirtide) (maraviroc) * Integrase inhibitors Isentress (raltegravir) * RTV = ritonavir (Norvir).
What does NtRTI stand for?
NtRTI stands for Nucleotide Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Night Time Recording of Respiratory Variables
- NASA Technical Report Server
- National Technology Readiness Survey
- National Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors
- National Therapeutic Recreation Society
- Nishi Tokyo Rugby School (Tokyo, Japan)
- North Texas Rabbit Sanctuary (Garland, TX)
- Northern Trust Corp. (stock symbol)
- New Term Rapid Turnaround (information management system; Veterans Administration; US DoD)
- Neuropsychopharmacology Treatment Research and Training Center (University of Connecticut Health Center)
- N-Th Degree Truncated Polynomial Ring
- Native Title Research Unit (AIATSIS)
- Northern Territory Rugby Union (Australia)
- Number Theorists R Us
- New Testament Recovery Version
- Not the Rensselaer Wiki (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; school informational website)
- North Texas Romance Writers of America
- North Tropical Zone (geographical zone)
- Carl Zeiss Nano Technology Systems
- N-Terminal Subdomain
Samples in periodicals archive:
This drug is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor, similar in action to the NRTI class of HIV drugs.
Tenofovir (Viread) is a Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor.
CHICAGO -- Tenofovir, the newest anti-HIV drug, was able to reduce serum levels of HIV RNA for 24-96 weeks, even in patients infected with drug-resistant strains, researchers reported at the annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology Tenofovir is the first nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor.
Viread is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NtRTI) and Emtriva and stavudine are nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) for the treatment of HIV infection.
QUEBEC, April 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Today new study results announced by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) showed the pharmacokinetics (PK) of the HIV protease inhibitor (PI) LEXIVA(R) (fosamprenavir calcium) dosed in combination with either 100mg or 200mg of the PI ritonavir (RTV) (LEXIVA/r) was not affected when LEXIVA/r was co-administered once daily (QD) with the nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor Viread (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, TDF).
Viread is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor that can fight HIV, as well as hepatitis B.
Viread, the first nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NtRTI) approved for HIV combination therapy, was cleared for marketing by the FDA in 2001 and by the EMEA in 2002.