Summary: The establishment of a Middle East Nuclear Weapon Free Zone (MENWFZ) is drawing support, with the possibility of holding a new round of talks by early spring in Helsinky, Finland this year, according to a leading nuclear diplomat.
What does NWFZ stand for?
NWFZ stands for Nuclear Weapon Free Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- North-Western Federal Region (Russia)
- NetWare File System
- North West Financial Services (Australia)
- Northwest Fisheries Science Center
- Northwest Florida State College (Niceville, FL)
- Negros Women for Tomorrow (Bacolod City, Philippines)
- New World First Travel (Hong Kong)
- No World for Tomorrow (Coheed & Cambria music album)
- Nuclear Weapons-Free World
- Northwest Florida Water Management District
- Namibische Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft (German)
- Nederlandse Weekbladen Groep (Geleen, The Netherlands)
- Neighbourhood Watch Group (Singapore)
- Network Working Group
- New World Group (various locations)
- NewAge Tech LTD.
- Nobilo Wine Group (New Zealand)
- Nomenclature Working Group (cardiology)
- Non-Weapons Grade (nuclear energy)
- Non-Working Girl (non-prostitute)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By a ratio of two to one, Israelis support an agreement that would make the Middle East a nuclear weapon free zone, including Iran and Israel," said the poll published by the Saban Center for Middle East Policy.
On Monday, high-ranking ASEAN officials also met their counterparts from the five nuclear-weapon states, simply called P5, to persuade them to sign a legally binding protocol of the grouping's 1995 Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon Free Zone Treaty.
Thailand's Permanent Secretary of the Foreign Ministry Saroj Chavanaviraj told reporters after an inaugural meeting of the executive committee of Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone (SEANWFZ) that "as a nuclear weapon free zone, we need to enter into a safeguard agreement with the IAEA.
SINGAPORE, July 27 Kyodo China has told the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) it is ready to become the first nuclear power to sign a protocol to the grouping's Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon Free Zone Treaty (SEANWFZ), Malaysian Foreign Minister Syed Hamid Albar said Tuesday.
SINGAPORE, July 27 Kyodo China has told the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) it is ready to become the first nuclear power to sign a protocol to the grouping's Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon Free Zone Treaty (SEANWFZ), Malaysian Foreign Minister Hamid Albar said.