At the symposium, Landis reported on the NASA Glenn nuclear thermal rocket program, the third generation of development (after the NERVA (Nuclear Engine for Rocket Vehicle Application) program of the 1960s and '70s and Timberwind, a still-classified program of the 1980s and '90s).
What does NTR stand for?
NTR stands for Nuclear Thermal Rocket
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NTR
We have 95 other meanings of NTR in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Tactical Radio
- Non-Traditional Revenue
- Non-Transportation-Related (facilities)
- Normal Tariff Rate (India)
- Normal Tax Rate (economics)
- Normal Trade Relations (international economic term; Most Favored Nation, MFN)
- Nothing To Report
- Notice To Reader
- Nouvelles Télé-Radio
- Nuclear Test Reactor
- Neurotensin Receptor 3 (Sortilin)
- Nanaimo Therapeutic Riding Association
- Nano Technology Research Association (Korea)
- National Team Roping Association
- National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (Egypt)
- National Tenants & Residents Association
- National TESD Research Agenda (Philippines)
- National Thoroughbred Racing Association
- National Tot Rod Association (UK)
- National Touch Rugby Association (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group introduces the technical side of nuclear propulsion and addresses nuclear thermal rocket propulsion systems, applications of ion thrusters to nuclear electric missions, high power and high-thrust-density electric propulsion for space transportation, metric configurations, and the legal issues and policies that need to be developed about the safety of nuclear propulsion systems and applications.
00 ISBN: 0-8131-2267-8 Termination of the Rover/NERVA (Nuclear Engine for Rocket Vehicle Application) program in January 1973 closed a significant chapter in the development of nuclear thermal rocket propulsion.