As an undersecretary of defense during the Berlin Crisis of 1961, he designed a new multi-phase nuclear strike plan, consistent with the Kennedy administration's flexible response doctrine, to replace the existing Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP-62) that mandated launching an all-out nuclear attack.
What does NSP stand for?
NSP stands for Nuclear Strike Plan
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NSP
We have 313 other meanings of NSP in our Acronym Attic
- North Saint Paul (Minnesota)
- Northeast Sailplane Products (Vermont)
- Northern State Parkway (New York)
- Northern States Power Company
- Northumberland Strategic Partnership (UK)
- Northumbrian Small Pipe (music)
- Not Separately Priced
- Notch Signaling Pathway
- Nova Scotia Power
- Novell Script Page(s)
- Nuclear Surety Procedure
- Null Subject Parameter (linguistics)
- Stichting Nederlandse Sport Pers Service
- Neural-Specific Protein 4
- Non-Structural Protein 4 (viral protein toxin)
- National Scholastic Press Association
- National School of Public Accountancy
- National Signatures Program Application (formerly NTSDS)
- National Ski Patrol Association
- National Society of Pershing Angels (Richmond, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One conspiracy theory even suggests George Bush got his sidekick to sack Straw over comments that a rumoured Washington contingency plan for a nuclear strike plan on Iran was nuts.