The disaster triggered massive protests against atomic energy and widespread public distrust in nuclear plant operators and regulators.
What does NPO stand for?
NPO stands for Nuclear Plant Operator
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NPO
We have 91 other meanings of NPO in our Acronym Attic
- New Polar Order (Cybernations Alliance)
- Newport (Amtrak station code; Newport, OR)
- Nil Per Os (Latin: Nothing by Mouth)
- No Particular Order (band)
- Non Per Os (Latin: Nothing by Mouth)
- Non Productive Overtime
- Non-Product Output
- Non-Profit Organization
- North Pacific Oscillation (meteorology)
- Northern Physicians Organization (Traverse City, MI)
- Nucleus Preopticus
- Nulla Per Os (Latin: Nothing By Mouth, also Non/Nil Per Os)
- Nurses Professional Organization
- NWTS Program Office (US DOE)
- Norwegian Project Office - Rural Rehabilitation Association
- NAFO (Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization) Regulatory Area
- National Parks Overflights Act of 1987
- National Plan of Action (illegal fishing regulation; conservation effort)
- Natural Point of Aim
- Natural Products Organic Asia (annual trade show)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nuclear plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power declared that there were no reports of further damage at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.
Because of Georgia Power's solid commitment to building and operating a safe and reliable electric generating facility, the groundwork for the extensive and rigorous training programs for the next generation of nuclear plant operators has been in progress for years.
com)-- Two veteran firms in the nuclear industry, Engineering Planning and Management (EPM) and Nuclear Safety Associates (NSA) are combining their considerable expertise in nuclear safety analysis, risk assessment and regulatory compliance to offer advanced services and solutions for nuclear plant operators addressing severe accident risks, regulatory responses, and mitigation of offsite consequences.
This statement is made many times by nuclear plant operators validating the importance of simulation: "Everything worked in the plant in real time just like it did on the simulator.
UNIVERSITY Academy Birkenhead triumphed in an engineering challenge set by a nuclear plant operator to promote opportunities in manufacturing.
The other half of the 400 billion yen annual bill would come from Kansai Electric Power and seven other nuclear plant operators, which will put money into the fund in proportion to their electricity output, the Asahi said.
Hundreds of angry Japanese farmers protested Tuesday outside the Tokyo head office of nuclear plant operator TEPCO, flocked to the heavily-guarded headquarters of embattled utility Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) in the capital.