Delays in receiving documentation from various parties and the difficulties of talking to overseas regulators and receiving final reactor designs are referred to in a letter from Mike Weightman, chief inspector at the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate (NII), to the Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform.
What does NII stand for?
NII stands for Nuclear Installations Inspectorate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NII
We have 50 other meanings of NII in our Acronym Attic
- Negara Islam Indonesia
- Negative Impedance Inverter (electrical engineering)
- Net Interest Income
- Net Investment Income
- Network Intelligence India Pvt Ltd
- Networks and Information Integration
- Non Intrusive Inspection
- Non Intrusive Instrumentation (research; various organizations)
- Non-Ideal Interleaving
- Non-Intrusive Imaging (security)
- Networks and Information Integration Overarching Integrated Product Team
- Nevada Independent Insurance Agents (est. 1946; Carson City, NV)
- New Islamabad International Airport (Pakistan)
- Nigerian Institute of International Affairs
- National Information Infrastructure Advisory Council
- Nuovo Istituto Italiano Arti Grafiche (Italian: New Italian Graphic Arts Institute)
- National Initiative to Improve Adolescent Health
- National Information Infrastructure Backbone (Nigeria)
- New Insights into Business (book)
- NIMA Intelligence Brief
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unite said it wanted a maximum of three designs to be licensed by the UK nuclear regulator, the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate (NII).
The Nuclear Installations Inspectorate is expected to reduce the shortlist of designs down to three next month and then grant licences to the successful designs within two to three years.
Sellafield remains closed and the British Nuclear Group is in talks with the safety watchdog, the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate, over how to restart the plant.
The Nuclear Installations Inspectorate is reviewing a report and will decide if operations can restart in the coming weeks.
The move, which follows protests from environment groups about contamination of marine life, was announced by pollution watchdog the Environment Agency and the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate of the Health and Safety Executive.
A probe by HM Nuclear Installations Inspectorate has now found a combination of "procedural and hardware" deficiencies were to blame.
The Nuclear Installations Inspectorate has served two statutory notices requiring BNFL to improve its management of radioactive sources.