DNDO was directed to develop, in coordination with the departments of Defense, Energy, and State, an enhanced global nuclear detection system of radiation detection equipment and interdiction activities.
What does NDS stand for?
NDS stands for Nuclear Detection System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NDS
We have 216 other meanings of NDS in our Acronym Attic
- Nondevelopmental Software
- Noritake Dental Supply (Japan)
- Normal Donkey Serum
- Northland Design Studies (Australia)
- Notre Dame School (various locations)
- Nouvelle Dynamique Syndicale (French: New Dynamic Association; Congo)
- Novell Directory Service
- Novell Directory Services
- NPIC (National Photographic Interpretation Center) Data Server
- Nuclear Detection Satellite
- NUDET Detection System
- Numa Driving School (Okayama, Japan)
- Nutrition Data System (University of Minnesota)
- NIMA Delivery Service Dissemination Element
- National Data Standards for Injury Surveillance (software; Flinders University; Australia)
- n-Doxylstearic Acid
- Naperville Diamond Softball Association (Illinois)
- Naphthalene Disulfonic Acid
- National Data Security Agency (Pakistan)
- National Debt Settlement Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The device, the Miniature Integrated Nuclear Detection System (MINDS), would have applications in transportation and site security.
This equipment includes the Anti-Personnel/Obstacle Breaching System, M240G Medium Machine Gun, M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon, Light Vehicle Obscuration Smoke System, Automatic Chemical Agent Detection Alarm, AN/VDR-2 Nuclear Detection System, Multipurpose Cart, etc.
Miniature Nuclear Detection System An instrument developed by the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory to assist in the decontamination and decommissioning of a large fusion experiment has been adapted for use in detecting radioactive materials for Homeland Security purposes.
AMETEK will incorporate the technology into its next generation of ORTEC advanced portable nuclear detection systems and market them as the Detective and Detective-EX.
is "ready to go" with their LOKI nuclear detection system and continues developing THOR LVX, an Advanced Explosives Detection System capable of penetrating all shielding to detect and identify explosives, nuclear material, narcotics and chemical and biological agents.
With the improved energy resolution applied to the SAM 935 gamma-spectroscopy detection technology, the instrument remains the fastest nuclear detection system available.
NUCLEAR DETECTION SYSTEM PROGRAM ATK TO PERFORM WORK IN CALIFORNIA AND COLORADO MINNEAPOLIS, Aug.