Frost said the new department and the addition of these key personnel complements NSA's existing expertise, including reactor physics and core design, nuclear criticality safety, shielding and particle transport, radiological engineering and consequence analysis, phenomenological modeling, seismic and structural engineering, and licensing and regulatory compliance.
What does NCS stand for?
NCS stands for Nuclear Criticality Safety
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NCS
We have 432 other meanings of NCS in our Acronym Attic
- North Cross School (Virginia)
- Northern Colorado Swimming
- Northside Chamber Society
- Northside Christian School (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Norwegian Cancer Society
- Norwegian Continental Shelf (oil and gas resources)
- Not Clinically Significant
- Not Connected Seconds
- Note Circulation Scheme (UK bank note distribution system)
- Notification of Compliance Status
- Numerical Control Society
- Numismatic Conservation Services LLC (Sarasota, FL)
- Nutation Control System
- Naval Supply Center Detachment
- Non-Consecutive Search, Cell-by-Cell detection
- Network Control Station - Downsized
- Network Control Station - EPLRS
- Network Control Station - JTIDS (Joint Tactical Information Distribution System)
- National Comorbidity Survey - Replication
- Non-Consecutive Search, Joint Triple-Cell detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kenji Sumita, professor emeritus of nucleonics at Osaka University, opened the 7th International Conference on Nuclear Criticality Safety with a special speech on how Japan has reviewed its nuclear criticality safety regulations since the Sept.
Of the 67 reportable events that occurred at the US Department of Energy's Paducah, Kentucky enrichment plant from October 1997 through September 1998, 37 involved nuclear criticality safety.