This same rubric applies at Offertory and Communion and we continue to ignore the 1974 Graduale Romanum reorganised for the Novus Ordo Missae and calendar.
What does NOM stand for?
NOM stands for Novus Ordo Missae (Mass of Paul VI)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NOM
We have 46 other meanings of NOM in our Acronym Attic
- Nominative (grammatical case)
- Noordelijke Ontwikkelings Maatschappij
- Norma Oficial Mexicana
- Northern on Main
- Not Original Motor (vehicle advertisements)
- Notice of Modification
- Noua Ordine Mondiala (Romanian: New World Order)
- Number of Methods
- Purchases by the Quartermaster, Headquarters, US Marine Corps
- National Office Management Association
- National Online Media Association
- National Organization of Minority Architects
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association
- New Orleans Metropolitan Area (New Orleans, LA)
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Nippon Omni-Management Association (Japan)
- Non-Overlapping Magisteria (Stephen Jay Gould)
Samples in periodicals archive:
How Paul VI could have promulgated the Novus Ordo Missae when he promised with his Papal Coronation to "change nothing of the received tradition" is difficult to understand unless one questions his entire papacy.
The ban was countersigned by the secretary, Archbishop Annibale Bugnini, the architect of the Novus Ordo Missae.