To be included in this effort, Benedict writes, is concerted reflection on the texts of Vatican II, because--quoting Pope John Paul II's Novo millennio ineunte closing the Great Jubilee Year and opening the new millennium--these texts "have lost nothing of their value or brilliance.
What does NMI stand for?
NMI stands for Novo Millennio Ineunte (apostolic letter; Catholic Church)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NMI
We have 142 other meanings of NMI in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Maskable Interrupt
- Non-Medicinal Ingredient
- Nordafrika Mittelost Initiative (German: North Africa Middle East Initiative)
- Normalized Moment of Inertia
- Normalized Mutual Information
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Norwegian Meteorological Institute (Norway)
- Norwest Mortgage Incorporated
- Nova Measuring Instruments (various locations)
- NovaStar Mortgage, Inc. (NovaStar Financial, Inc.)
- NSF (National Science Foundation) Middleware Initiative
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine Institute (University of Findlay; Findlay, OH)
- Number of Methods Inherited
- Number of Module Instances
- No Mental Illness with Schizotypal Traits
- National Measurement Institute of Australia (Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research)
- National Military Intelligence Association
- Navi Mumbai International Airport (India)
- Nepal Mountaineering Instructors' Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The spirituality of unity is known today, especially in the Catholic church, by the name "spirituality of communion" ever since John Paul II proposed it to the entire Catholic church on 6 January 2001, in his Apostolic Letter Novo Millennio Ineunte, inviting everyone, on all levels, to live it.
Pope John Paul II in Novo Millennio Ineunte refers to the Second Vatican Council as "the great grace bestowed on the church in the 20th century.
We are to use, he said, an image (employed in his 2001 Apostolic Letter Novo millennio ineunte (At the beginning of the new millennium, January 6, 2001)--namely "to contemplate the face of Christ.
The Pope has called us to contemplate the face of Christ, so that the Church can "take up with new impetus its evangelizing mission" in this new millennium (Apostolic letter Novo millennio ineunte, 2).
The central theme of this sixth plenary meeting of the College of Cardinals is the study of the Church's prospects for the third millennium, in light of the Holy Father's recent apostolic letter Novo Millennio Ineunte," Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said.