In July of 1998, Novartis announced its Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute, which it calls one of the largest single research endeavors dedicated to agricultural genomics R&D.
What does NADI stand for?
NADI stands for Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NADI
We have 3 other meanings of NADI in our Acronym Attic
- Nusantara Academy of Development, Geocultures and Ethnolinguistics (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- North American Data General User's Group
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide plus Hydrogen
- North American Digital Hierarchy
- Narrow Angle Direct Injection (cars)
- National Association of Display Industries
- Nature of Address Indicator
- Node Address and Attribute Directory
- North American Design Institute (engineering; various universities)
- Nucleic Acid Detection Immuno Assay
- North American Defense Industrial Base
- North American Defense Industrial Base Organization
- National AIDS Documentation and Information Centre
- National Documentation and Information Centre for Science and Technology (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Univeristy; Bauchi, Nigeria)
- National Driver Information Control System (UK)
- Novel Applications of Diamond and Fullerenes in Semiconductor Devices
- Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute, Inc
- National Airspace Data Interchange Network
- Network Anomaly Detection and Intrusion Reporter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Business Editors & Health/Medical Writers BIOWIRE2K SAN DIEGO--(BW HealthWire)--March 8, 2001 Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute Inc.
His other previous industry positions include Director, Product Concepts at Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute where he led new product planning to develop scientific ideas into product concepts, and Research Manager, Protein Core Facility at Pioneer Hi-Bred International where he managed a protein expression and biochemistry unit providing a wide range of technology services to Pioneer scientists.
Tanabe Research Labs, Corvas International, Bayer Corporation, Aventis Pharma, Dow Chemical Contract Manufacturing Services and Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute.
Pfizer, Bayer, Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute, Affymetrix, Curis, Memorec, and Compugen.
In addition to the agreement with Celera, Genzyme Molecular Oncology has signed SAGE agreements with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies including Pfizer, Bayer, Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute, Affymetrix, NeuralSTEM, Curis, Memorec, and Compugen.
The Arabidopsis array has been used widely throughout the NADII organization as an important tool for agricultural research and we expect that its broader availability will accelerate and help standardize plant and agricultural research worldwide," stated Steven Briggs, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute.
It will receive a total investment of USD 250 million in funding over 10 years, and will be adjacent to the planned Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute and Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California.