When world literature was used as a term, it referred to a very narrow subset of nations, and so there was the Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces, first published in 1956, where "the world" was really just Western Europe.
What does NAWM stand for?
NAWM stands for Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces (literary collection)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAWM
We have 6 other meanings of NAWM in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Women and the Law (Canada)
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- North American Woodsball League (paintball)
- North American Wholesale Lumber Association
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (Carver, MA, USA)
- National Association of Wedding Ministers
- Normal Appearing White Matter
- North American Waste Management (US and Canada)
- North American Winter Meeting (Econometric Society)
- Norton Anthology of Western Music (sheet music book)
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- North American Weed Management Association
- Northern Adelaide Waste Management Authority (Elizabeth West, Australia)
- National Association of Women MBAs (formerly Graduate Women in Business, GWIB)
- North American World Music Coalition
- Naval Airborne Weapons Maintenance Program
- Naval Aviation Weapons Maintenance Program
- North American Waterfowl Management Plan (USACE)
- Naval Aviation Weapons Management System (US Navy)
- Normal-Appearing White Matter Volume
Samples in periodicals archive:
As short a time ago as 1995, the standard Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces was made up almost entirely of European and North American texts.
The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia" in Norton Anthology of World Masterpieces, Seventh edition.