The Cascadia Scorecard 2005 costs $6 and is available from Northwest Environment Watch (www.
What does NEW stand for?
NEW stands for Northwest Environment Watch
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEW
We have 81 other meanings of NEW in our Acronym Attic
- Network of Executive Women
- New Century Financial Corp. (mortgage)
- New Information (File Name Extension)
- New Orleans, Louisiana, USA - Lakefront Airport
- Newton (Amtrak station code; Newtown, KS)
- Non-Traditional Employment for Women
- Nonprofit Enterprise At Work, Inc
- Normal Editions Workshop (est. 1976; Illinois State University)
- North Eastern Wisconsin
- Northeast Water Polynya Study (IAPP)
- Nuclear Energy Women
- Nuclear Energy Worker
- Nutrition, Exercise and Weight
- New England
- NASA Evaluation with Models of Optimized Nuclear Spacecraft
- New and Emergent World models Through Individual, Evolutionary, and Social Learning
- International Conference on Next Generation Teletraffic and Wired/Wireless Advanced Networking
- National Exhibition of Wildlife Art (Wirral, England, UK)
- Nebraska's Extreme Wrestling Association
- New England Wiffle Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
I think Seattle is envious of Portland," says Eric de Place, research associate at Northwest Environment Watch (NEW).
John Ryan, research director of Seattle's Northwest Environment Watch, points out that if the entire world (China equaling about 25 percent) had the auto usage of North America, global petroleum consumption would quadruple and emissions of heat-trapping carbon dioxide would double ``even as climatologists agree that we need to cut back globally by 60 percent or more to save our climate.
Taxing the society-wide drip and hiss of pollution would allow governments to slash charges on profits and paychecks, charges that sap enterprise and work," says the group Northwest Environment Watch in its book This Place on Earth 2001.
A Seattle think tank called Northwest Environment Watch conducted the breast milk study, following on the work of a larger study conducted by the Washington, D.
Montana's Glacier National Park in 30 years may need to be renamed "the park formerly known as Glacier," as Seattle-based Northwest Environment Watch research director John C.
Alan Durning, executive director of Northwest Environment Watch, a Seattle-based research group promoting sustainability in the Pacific Northwest.
They're seven things that you--and six billion other people--can do to take pressure off the planet, says Ryan research director for Northwest Environment Watch in Seattle: 1.