Joe Scott, the international programs director for the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance, which joins seven other Canadian and American conservation groups in the Mountain Caribou Project, says, "Every loss of one of these animals is a loss to all of us as stewards of this planet.
What does NWEA stand for?
NWEA stands for Northwest Ecosystem Alliance (Bellingham, WA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NWEA
We have 11 other meanings of NWEA in our Acronym Attic
- Network for Women Entrepreneurs (Canada)
- Networked Writing Environment (University of Florida)
- New West Energy Services Inc. (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Northwest Europe
- NorthWestern Energy (fka Montana Power Company)
- Nuclear Weapons Effects
- National Wood Energy Association
- National Working Environment Authority (Denmark)
- Nevada Water Environment Association (Reno, NV)
- North West European Area
- Northwest Evaluation Association
- New West Electro-Acoustic Music Organization
- National Warheads and Energetics Consortium
- National Women Entrepreneur Council (Mauritius)
- National Women's Education Center (Japan)
- North Western Electric Cooperative (Brian, OH)
- Northwest Energy Coalition
- Northwest Environmental Conference (Portland, Oregon)
- Nylon Wool Effluent Cells (immunopathology)
- Nation Wide Egg Donation (Meridian, ID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
s Wildlife Services agency, Northwest Ecosystem Alliance, Insight Wildlife Management, and CounterAssault Bear Deterrent Spray.
This effort will provide the vital missing link in a chain of wild lands and protected areas from southern British Columbia to Northern California," said Mitch Friedman, Executive Director of the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance.
In early November, Plum Creek, the USFS, The Sierra Club, The Mountaineers, Seattle Audubon Society, Alpine Lakes Protection Society, Gifford Pinch Task Force, Western Land Exchange Project, Pacific Crest Biodiversity Project and the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance jointly agreed upon the final package of lands to be exchanged.
Led by Defenders, the Biodiversity Legal Foundation and the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance, 13 environmental groups are pursuing USFWS in court to list the lynx as endangered.
Last winter, the Northwest Ecosystem Alliance (NWEA), the Oregon Natural Resources Council (ONRC) and the Southwest Center for Biodiversity submitted the petition, which would give the USFS the option of awarding certain timber sales to the highest bidders regardless of their intention to log.