Irene dissipated over Canada on Tuesday without damaging New York City, as feared, but it battered the North Carolina coast before causing major flooding in New Jersey, northern New York, and Vermont.
What does NNY stand for?
NNY stands for Northern New York
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NNY
We have 1 other meaning of NNY in our Acronym Attic
- Nasionale Navorsingsinstituut vir die Wiskundige Wetenskappe (South Africa)
- Nudge Nudge Wink Wink
- North-Northwestward (weather reports)
- North-Northwestern (weather reports)
- Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Say No More (Monty Python)
- NeoNetworX Ltd. (Hungary)
- Network Numbering Exchange
- Johnny (cult comic character)
- National Network for Youth (also seen as NN4Y; Washington, DC)
- New New York (Futurama)
- Northern New York Agricultural Development Program (Plattsburgh, NY)
- Northern New York Builders Exchange
- Neenah Nodaway Yacht Club (Neenah, WI)
- New New York City (Futurama)
- Northern New York Corvette Club (Watertown, NY)
- Northern New York Community Foundation (funding for scholarships)
- Norfolk Navy Yard (US Navy; Norfolk, VA)
- Northwest Natural Yard Days (King County, WA)
- Nepal National Youth Federation (political group)
- Ngarda Ngarli Yarndu Foundation, Inc. (South Hedland, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the sixth time, Mark David Chapman, 55, is seeking release as part of a routine review of sentences at Attica prison in northern New York state, where he is an inmate.
Mr McHugh has represented northern New York in the House of Representatives since 1993 and is the senior Republican member of the House Armed Services Committee.
uk Community Bank System (CBS) and its wholly owned banking subsidiary, Community Bank, have completed the acquisition of 18 branch-banking centres in northern New York from Citizens Financial Group (CFG).
The Finger Lakes Region, encompassing eleven glacial lakes in northern New York State, has been a wine-producing area since the early 1800's, when a minister in the town of Hammondsport began to make his own sacramental wine.
A production tax credit for the biofuels industry would directly result in economic growth and job creation in central and northern New York," said Wright.
CBU's principal subsidiary, as part of its existing network of branches in Ogdensburg and Northern New York.
Hardest hit were New England, northern New York, Quebec, eastern Ontario, and Canada's Atlantic Provinces.