It was moving north-northeastward at 14 miles per hour.
What does NNEWD stand for?
NNEWD stands for North-Northeastward (weather reports)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Northern New England Society of Enrolled Agents (Londonderry, NH)
- Non-Native English Speaking Instructors
- Non-Native English Speakers in TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Neural Network
- Northern New England Tradeswomen (now Vermont Works for Women; Winooski, VT)
- Northern New England Unix User's Group
- NextGen Net-Enabled Weather (US NOAA)
- National Network to End the War Against Iraq (now National Grassroots Peace Network)
- Northern New England Weather Center
- National Network on Environments & Women's Health
- New North End Youth Center (Burlington, VT)
- Name Not Final (gaming; World of Warcraft)
- Namibia Nature Foundation
- Narrowband Nebular Filter
- National Nanofabrication Facility (Cornell University)
- National Nothing Foundation
- Nearest Neighbor Filter
- Negation Normal Form (logic)
- Never Not Funny (podcast)
Samples in periodicals archive:
27 as a Category 1 hurricane and caused widespread damage across a large portion of the eastern United States as it moved north-northeastward.
8 km per hour near its center, was moving north-northeastward at 25 kph.