The 640 acres of burned watershed lands are part of the company's Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) 2310 Drum-Spaulding Hydroelectric Project that includes facilities on the Bear River, South Yuba River and North Fork of the American River.
What does NFAR stand for?
NFAR stands for North Fork of the American River
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NFAR
We have 3 other meanings of NFAR in our Acronym Attic
- Nuclear Free Australia Party
- Nursing Facility Acquired Pneumonia
- Nebraska Foster and Adoptive Parent Association (Lincoln, NE)
- Norwood-Fontbonne Academy Parents Association
- National Food and Agricultural Policy Project (Arizona State University)
- Not So Frequently Asked Questions
- National Footwear Association of Russia
- National Foundation for Autism Research (San Diego, CA)
- Network File Access Routine
- No Further Action Required
- No Further Actions Required, Concluded Here (Canadian law enforcement)
- North Fulton Amateur Radio League (Roswell, GA)
- NORAD Forward Automated Reporting System
- National Federation of American Students (various locations)
- National Field Archery Society
- No Frame Alignment Signal
- Non Frame Alignment Signal
- Non-Facility Associated Signaling
- North Fork Audubon Society (New York)
- Nuclear Field A School
Samples in periodicals archive:
I drove deeper into Gold Country down State 49, which dips steeply into a ravine to cross the beautiful North Fork of the American River.
But they also include the King Range, heart of the state's mountainous and remote ``Lost Coast;'' the Caliente area of the Carrizo Plains east of Bakersfield, where elk and sandhill cranes can be glimpsed amid colorful spring wildflowers; and the north fork of the American River, which affords great and accessible recreation under giant ancient trees.
The 1986 debris included part of a temporary earthen dam, called a cofferdam, that was built on the north fork of the American River in 1974 to hold back water during the building of a new, big dam near Auburn.
TPL's Sierra Nevada Program has helped protect more than 50,000 acres of critical watershed, recreation, and forestlands in the Sierra Nevada, most recently along the North Fork of the American River.
He added that federal engineers have given ``a basically positive review'' to the volunteer groups' long-term plans for stabilizing and repairing the 86-year-old, triple-arched span on the north fork of the American River.
This stretch of the North Fork of the American River offers a rare and highly unique opportunity for people to connect with a historic California setting that looks much like the area did when the `49ers first arrived," said Jack Blackwell, U.
Since 1991 the trust has acquired conservation and education rights to just one parcel, 30 acres on the north fork of the American River that it shares with the Auburn Park Conservancy.