The North East Air Support Unit said "all their thoughts" were with the family of those involved, in a statement via Twitter.
What does NEASU stand for?
NEASU stands for North East Air Support Unit (UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Northeast American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- New England Amateur Skating Foundation
- Nebraska Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Evangelical Alliance of Sri Lanka
- Naval Enlisted Advanced School Program (predecessor of the NESEP)
- New England Alliance of Self-Published Authors
- North-East Asian Subregional Programme of Environmental Cooperation
- Near Earth Asteroid Sample Return
- New England Assembly of Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- Northeast Asia Special Tactical Air Reporting
- NASA Employee Attendance Tracking
- National Emergency Alert for Telecoms (UK)
- National Exchange for Automated Trading (Indian stock exchange)
- Naval Electronic Intelligence Analysis Terminal
- Naval Embarked Advisory Team
- Near Earth Asteroid Tracking (project)
- Near English Assembler Translator (NCR Corp)
- net earnings after taxes
- Network of East Asian Think-Tanks
- Networks for Endangered Animal Tracking
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Durham force spokeswoman said: "Officers from Chester-le-Street responded to a request for assistance from colleagues on the North East Air Support Unit helicopter, which had been passing over the shopping centre, when they were dazzled from the ground by someone shining a laser pen at the aircraft.
Police, the fire service and search and rescue teams, including members from Teesside, scoured the area with help from the North East Air Support Unit and RAF.
The joint North East Air Support Unit, which costs pounds 700,000 a year to run, has two helicopters serving Cleveland, Durham and Northumbria police force areas, based at Durham Tees Valley and Newcastle airports.
Officers from the North East Air Support Unit will use infra-red detection equipment in order to spot intruders.
Officers from the North East Air Support Unit are lending a hand in the fight against cable thefts from the Metro.
Cleveland Police bosses are locked in talks with neighbouring forces over the future of the joint North East Air Support Unit.
Officers from the North East Air Support Unit will use infra-red detection equipment in a bid to stymie the raiding of the Metro rail network.