The present study aims to evaluate the linear trends of ice events for a 60-year period (1950-2009) in eight lakes of Karelia and define their relationship with the global parameter variability of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) index and the regional characteristics of the air temperature, as well as to improve a previously developed empirical model for assessment of ice events due to climatic effects.
What does NAO stand for?
NAO stands for North Atlantic Oscillation
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of NAO
We have 96 other meanings of NAO in our Acronym Attic
- Natural Atomic Orbital
- Naval Aviation Observer
- Négociation Annuelle Obligatoire (French: Mandatory Annual Negotiation)
- New Account Opening (various companies)
- New Age Outlaws (wrestling)
- New Anzat Order (Star Wars)
- New Associate Orientation (introductory training for new employees)
- Non-Animal Origin
- non-asbestos organic
- North American Operations
- Not an Option
- Number Allocation Organisation
- Sodium Oxide
- North American One-Armed Golfer Association (Louisville, KY)
- Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
- National Association Of Broadcasters
- National Alliance of Black Interpreters, Inc.
- National Airborne Operations Center
- National Antique Oldsmobile Club, Inc.
- National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences (est. 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Being reasonably closed to each other, both of them were probably strongly influenced by the North Atlantic Oscillation.
Some of the answers for this lie in the jet stream which is meandering north to south and the North Atlantic Oscillation, where high pressure develops to the north of the UK and low pressure to the south causes unusual pressure and wind patterns over the UK.
On top of the soft management of thunderstorm statistics, long-term climate factors such as the El Nino-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) phenomenon, North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), and even natural variables in local meteorological conditions.
North Atlantic Oscillation -Fog Electric The second album from the Edinburgh duo Sam Healy and Ben Martin is a synth pop chillout gem.
NORTH Atlantic Oscillation - the Edinburgh-based duo featuring Rugby lad Ben Martin on drums, synths and programming - release new album Fog Electric on April 30.
North Atlantic Oscillation - Marrow All of two minutes and six seconds long.
Further, 'cyclicity' represented in the real world climate data is probably both solar-forced and also related to internal climatic phenomena such as the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), the Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation (AMO), the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) and the El Nino-Southern Oscillation (ENSO), and until very recently none of these vital, climate-influencing mechanisms were included in the models (p.