Since then, ex-Northern Ireland international Robert Garrett also upped sticks and left David Jeffrey's dethroned champions in a loan deal to Edmonton in the North American Soccer League.
What does NASL stand for?
NASL stands for North American Soccer League (1967-1984)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NASL
We have 11 other meanings of NASL in our Acronym Attic
- North American Shotokan Karate Association (British Columbia, Canada)
- North American Sport Karate Association
- Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland (US Navy)
- North American Symposium on Knowledge Organization
- Naval Air Station Key West (Florida; US Navy)
- Name, Age, Sex, Location
- Naval Air Station Lemoore
- Naval Applied Science Laboratory
- Nessus Attack Scripting Language
- North Alabama Soccer League
- North American Softball League
- North American Starcraft League (gaming clan)
- National Association of Student Loan Administrators
- Nevada American Society of Landscape Architects (Las Vegas, NV)
- Naval Air Station Lakejurst (now Naval Air Engineering Station Lakehurst; US Navy; New Jersey)
- National Association of State Local Equity Funds
- Naval Air Station Lemoore
- North American Symposium on Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy
- North American Sport Library Network
- Newfoundland Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (St John's, Newfoundland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2005 Traffic established its team, academy and player division which currently includes the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, Atlanta Silverbacks and Carolina RailHawks (Members of the North American Soccer League - NASL), Desportivo Brasil (Team and Academy located in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil; Affiliated with Manchester United) and Estoril (Portuguese First Division Team).
However, the Cosmos play in the North American Soccer League (NASL), a direct competitor to Major League Soccer (MLS).
Cantona, regarded as the pivotal figure in United's early-to-mid-1990s dominance of English football, will act as manager of the Cosmos, the iconic New York team who are currently trying to win admittance is also expected to attend the match as honorary president of the Cosmos, the club he graced as a player in the now defunct North American Soccer League.
Some 15 ATP for the Masters 1000 hardcourt tournament that started this week, on Wednesday joined with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the second-level North American Soccer League No.
Byline: DARREN FULLERTON NORTH American Soccer League club Puerto Rico Islanders are on the trail of Glentoran midfielder Daryl Fordyce.
Cantona's role will be to help assemble a squad ready for the re-birth of the Cosmos in the North American Soccer League in two years.
The Cosmos bought the name of the old North American Soccer League team, but has yet to find a suitable stadium in the New York area.