Published in the journal Public Library of Science (PLoS) Medicine, the research involved 2,345 women who had had one previous Caesarean but were eligible for a subsequent normal vaginal birth.
What does NVB stand for?
NVB stands for Normal Vaginal Birth
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NVB
We have 15 other meanings of NVB in our Acronym Attic
- Nederlandse Vrouwenbeweging
- Neurovascular Bundle
- Night Vision Binoculars
- Nintendo Virtual Boy
- Nodaway Valley Bank (Missouri)
- Nonverbal Behavior
- Nordhorner Versorgungs Betriebe (Dutch)
- Nordhorner Versorgungsbetriebe GmbH
- Norham Village Band (UK)
- Not Valid Before
- Not Very Bright
- Notion Vtec Berhad
- Numismatischer Verein Bern
- Nye Valdresbanen (Norwegian)
- Netwerk voor Bedrijfsmatig Archiveren (Dutch: Commercial Archive Network; est. 1953)
- Nile Valley Business Association (Washington, DC)
- Northern Virginia Baseball Academy, Inc.
- Northern Virginia Bridge Association
- Not Very Big Brother (reality TV)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: ANI Melbourne, Mar 12 (ANI): An expert review from the US has stated that it is safe to have a normal vaginal birth even though previous babies were delivered through a Caesarean section.
A normal vaginal birth exposes a child to a world of bacteria found in the vagina, as do breast milk, formula, nipples, fingers and toes.
Among vaginal births, use of vacuum or forceps showed the greatest increase in pelvic organ mobility, with forceps having a two-fold increase in pelvic organ mobility above normal vaginal birth.
In normal vaginal births where the mother's placenta has not detached from the uterine wall, blood in the umbilical cord is under pressure at about 65mm Hg.
9) * Twice as many women require rehospitalizafion as women having normal vaginal birth.