Effect of Ginkgo biloba extract on visual field progression in normal tension glaucoma.
What does NTG stand for?
NTG stands for Normal Tension Glaucoma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NTG
We have 55 other meanings of NTG in our Acronym Attic
- New Testament in Greek
- New Tower Generation (music)
- Nine Trey Gangsta (Blood gang)
- Nippon Tansan Gas (Japan)
- No Tag Gaming (Soldier of Fortune II Clan)
- Non-linear Trajectory Generation
- Non-Tactical Generator
- Non-Technical Generator
- Norges Toppidrettsgymnas
- Northeastern Technologies Group, Inc (Glen Cove, NY)
- Not This Group (Usenet)
- Not Too Good
- Nuclear Test Gage
- National Tabletop and Giftware Association
- National Tobacco Growers Association
- Need to Get Away (UK)
- Northern Trust Global Advisors Inc. (Stamford, CT)
- Near-Total Gastric Bypass
- North Thames Gas Board (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
37) This may have implications for refining diagnostic parameters as reduced choroidal thickness appears to be the most influential factor on the occurrence of normal tension glaucoma in high myopes.
There are reports that RESCULA([R]) has not only an ocular pressure decreasing action but also an optic nerve protective action (in vitro) and an action to improve ocular blood flow in normal tension glaucoma.
He said the findings might explain why in eastern Asia there was a high rate of normal tension glaucoma - a form of the eye disease that leads to blindness without the usual increase in pressure inside the eyeball.
At the consensus meeting, the Committee centered its discussion on factors that impact medical treatment patterns including the definition of criteria and target IOP goals for the mild, moderate and severe stages of glaucoma, normal tension glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
Intra ocular pressure (IOP) can be elevated, or be at a normal level, which helps to differentiate between normal tension glaucoma (NTG) (the latter) from primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) (the former) ere are also those who have order hypertension or 'suspicious' discs, who are deemed to be as risk of developing POAG.
Many individuals can harbor significant optic nerve damage, yet maintain eye pressures within the accepted guidelines, a condition called normal tension glaucoma (NTG).
The Foundation for Glaucoma Research has a 13-year history of coordinating national and international research, including the Glaucoma Research Eye Donor Network, which provides glaucomatous eye tissue to researchers, and the Normal Tension Glaucoma Study, a widely respected and important international study which the foundation manages and helped design.