An imbalance in this mechanical coupling is presumed to be responsible for pathological cerebral states, such as normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) or Alzheimer disease.
What does NPH stand for?
NPH stands for Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (Hakim's Disease)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPH
We have 57 other meanings of NPH in our Acronym Attic
- National Pediatric Hospital (Cambodia)
- National Planning Holdings (Jackson National Life Insurance Company)
- Natural Phenomena Hazard
- Nazarene Publishing House
- Neil Patrick Harris (actor)
- Neutral Protamine Hagedorn
- New Product Hold
- Non-Parsed Header (computer programming)
- Normal Paraffin Hydrocarbon
- Northwestern Publishing House
- Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (Spanish: Our Little Brothers and Sisters)
- Number of Stations Calculating Hypocentral Location (US Geological Survey; used in earthquake location)
- Nucleus Prepositus Hypoglossi-Medial Vestibular Nucleus Region
- National Park Hospitality Association
- National Peer Helpers Association
- National Pesticide Hazard Assessment
- National Pharmacists Association
- National Pleasure Horse Association (Australia)
- National Police Horse Academy
Samples in periodicals archive:
Arcieri with normal pressure hydrocephalus, or NPH.
He is also able to treat normal pressure hydrocephalus and peripheral nerve entrapment syndromes such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
The second edition includes new information about medications, juvenile-onset Parkinson's, normal pressure hydrocephalus, fetal cell transplants and porcine cell transplants, and the nutritional supplement Co- Enzyme Q10.
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH) is a treatable form of dementia and therefore important.
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) usually occurs in people with a history of arachnoid insult in which infection or bleeding affects the ability to absorb spinal fluid.
The article on normal pressure hydrocephalus was misleading and unbalanced ("Excess CSF Can Mimic Parkinson's Disease, Dementia," July 15, 2004, p.
The money raised by Denkinger and Oliva will be used to support an outreach program of the Hydrocephalus Association that provides free resources and educational materials to parents of children born with the condition and to people with Adult Onset Normal Pressure hydrocephalus.