Current leading guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and the Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) recommend selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), as a first-line treatment for depression.
What does NARI stand for?
NARI stands for NorAdrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NARI
We have 38 other meanings of NARI in our Acronym Attic
- National Association of Rural Health Clinics
- National Association of Rural Health Education and Research Organisations (Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia)
- Nebraska Auto Racing Hall of Fame
- National Adolescent Reproductive Health Partnership
- National Association of Responsible Home Rebuilders and Investors
- National Affordable Rental Incentive (Australia)
- National Ageing Research Institute
- National Agricultural Research Institute (various locations)
- National Association for Resource Improvement (Bangladesh)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry
- National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK)
- National Rehabilitation Information Center
- North American Resources Inc Ltd (subsidiary of South American Minerals, Inc)
- National Airspace Resource Investment Model
- National Association of Record Industry Professionals
- National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand
- National Association for the Rescue of Japanese Kidnapped by North Korea (Japan)
- Narkotika Dan Obat Terlarang (Narcotics, Psychotropic and Addictive Substances)
- National Agricultural Research Laboratories (Kenya)
- National Air and Radiation Laboratory
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, adrenergic uptake inhibitors, enzyme replacement therapy, dopamine agents, chelating agents and Gamma-amino butyric acid type B (GABA-B) receptor agonist - Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Autistic Disorder market.
CymbaltaA', a member of a class of drugs commonly referred to as serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, (12) is already approved by the EMEA to treat major depressive disorder and diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain.
Included in this long list are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, nonselective neurotransmitter inhibitors, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, antiepileptic agents, and tramadol and other analgesics.
David Healey, director of the North Wales Department of Psychological Medicine noted the link between the new antidepressants-Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors or SSRI'S and Serotonin Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitors or SNRI'S--and an increased risk of suicide and violent behaviour in teenagers or children, who were prescribed the drugs.
Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, adrenergic uptake inhibitors, enzyme replacement therapy, dopamine agents, chelating agents and Gamma-amino butyric acid type B (GABA-B) receptor agonist * Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Autistic Disorder market.
Both short-term and long-term results from the large, comprehensive, international development programme including nearly 4000 adult patients with MDD were presented to the CHMP to support the efficacy of Valdoxan as compared with placebo, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and serotonin noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) treatments.
Duloxetine, a member of a class of drugs commonly referred to as serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors, is already approved to treat major depressive disorder and diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain.