NP is used as an additive or surfactant in the manufacture of plastics, and it is a degradation product of nonylphenol polyethoxylates, which are widely used.
What does NPEO stand for?
NPEO stands for Nonylphenol Polyethoxylate
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPEO
- Nurse Prescribers' Extended Formulary (UK)
- National Public Education Financial Survey
- National Programme for Education of Girls at Elementary Level (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan; India)
- National Package of Essential Health Interventions (Tanzania Ministry of Health)
- New Paltz Equality Initiative
- Nicoma Park Extension Library (Nicoma Park, OK)
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- New Public Environmental Management (Germany)
- Non-Parametric Expectation Maximization
- National Parenting Education Network
- North Pole Environmental Observatory (US NSF)
- Nuclear Plant Equipment Operator
- National Partnership for Environmental Priorities (US EPA)
- National Population Education Project (India)
- National Poverty Eradication Programme (various locations)
- National Preferred Employer Program (free housing benefit)
- Nonoccupational HIV Postexposure Prophylaxis
- Norman Proprietary Event Protocol
- Núcleo Português de Estudo e Protecção da Vida Selvagem (Portugal)
- National Professional Engineers Register (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
12) or form during the natural environmental degradation of certain surfactants known as nonylphenol polyethoxylates (SN: 1/8/94, p.
A recent study (Mann and Bidwell 2000) published during the course of the present experiments showed that chronic exposure (~96 hr) of Xenopus embryos to the nonylphenol polyethoxylate (NPEO), Teric GN8, at moderate concentrations (E[C.