The nonprofit Insurance Services Office (ISO) recently calculated the results to the industry if it lost $50 billion from, for example, a storm of Andrew's magnitude hitting a major city such as Miami or Los Angeles.
What does NIS stand for?
NIS stands for Nonprofit Insurance Services (Hanover, PA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NIS
We have 278 other meanings of NIS in our Acronym Attic
- Nippon Ichi Software
- Nishimachi International School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Nitrogen Inerting System (military aviation, fuel subsystem)
- NMCS (Non-Mission Capable Status) Information System (US DoD)
- Noise Information System
- Non-Interactive Sequence (gaming)
- Non-Interventional Study (pharmaceutical development)
- Non-Intrinsically Safe
- Non-Invasive Sampling
- Non-Proliferation and International Security
- Nonproliferation and International Security division (US DOE)
- Normal Metal-Insulator-Superconductor (aka Superconductor-Insulator-Normal Metal)
- Normally in Stock (merchandise)
- Norsk Internasjonalt Skipsregister (Norwegian International Ship Registery)
- Norton Internet Security (Symantec software)
- Not in Service
- Not In Stock
- Nuclear Information Service (UK)
- Nuclear Instrumentation System
- Nuova Italia Scientifica (Italian: New Scientific Italy; book)