The majority of patients with OHS also have OSAS, and many will respond favourably to CPAP therapy either initially (33,86) or after a short period of noninvasive ventilatory support (86,100).
What does NIVS stand for?
NIVS stands for Noninvasive Ventilatory Support
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIVS
We have 3 other meanings of NIVS in our Acronym Attic
- National Institute of Veterinary Research (Vietnam)
- National Institute of Vocational Rehabilitation (est. 1991; Japan)
- Nederlands Instituut voor Vliegtuigontwikkeling en Ruimtevaart (Dutch: Netherlands Agency for Aerospace Programmes)
- Network Interactive Voice Response
- Neuron Interactive Virtual Reality
- Nederlands Instituut Van Registeraccountants
- Nederlands Instituut Van Register Experts (Dutch: Dutch Institute Registry of Experts)
- National Influenza Vaccine Summit (est. 2000; annual conference; American Medical Association; US CDC)
- Nazarenes in Voluntary Service
- Non-Invasive Vaccination Onto the Skin
- Norfolk Independent Visitors Scheme (Norfolk Children's Services; UK)
- Northern Ireland Voluntary Trust (UK)
- National Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science (Mie, Japan)
- Nederlands Instituut Voor Urgentiegeneeskunde (Dutch: Dutch Institute of Emergency Medicine)
- Nederlands Instituut Voor Vredesvraagstukken (Dutch: Dutch Institute for Peace Issues)
- National Influenza Vaccination Week (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- National Institute of Webographers (real estate professionals)
- National Interest Waiver
- Naval Inshore Warfare
- Network Installation Wizard (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This highly advanced product was specifically designed to provide noninvasive ventilatory support to treat complicated sleep-disordered breathing patients suffering from OSA and respiratory insufficiency caused by central and/or mixed apneas and periodic breathing.
for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) therapy devices and noninvasive ventilatory support systems.