On MRI, nasal gliomas are nonenhancing lesions within the nose or anterior to the nasofrontal suture (actually extranasal) or nasal septum that are T1 isointense and slightly T2 hyperintense (secondary to gliosis), relative to brain parenchyma.
What does NEL stand for?
NEL stands for Nonenhancing Lesion
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NEL
We have 67 other meanings of NEL in our Acronym Attic
- Navy E-Learning
- Net Earned Loss (ratio)
- Net Energy of Lactation (cows)
- Network Element Layer
- Neuroendocrinology Letters
- Nevrax Library
- New English Library (publishing)
- No-Evidence Limit (Insurance)
- Non Economic Loss (Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, RSO 1998, Canada)
- Non-English Language
- North East Line (Singapore mass transit)
- NTT Electronics
- Number of Electrons (physics)
- NEU/ERB B2 Ligand Growth Factor
- National Education & Leadership Awards
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Environmental Law Association (Australia)
- New England Library Association
- New England Livery Association
- Northeast Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The patient underwent further workup with a magnetic resonance imaging scan of the brain, which revealed a 1-mm, nonenhancing lesion in the midadenohypophysis, and a whole-body computed tomography scan that revealed no evidence of further metastatic disease.
A focal, hyperintense, nonenhancing lesion and enlargement of the olivary nucleus with a coexisting pontine lesion suggest an injury of the dentato-rubro-olivary pathway, findings that are consistent with hypertrophic olivary degeneration).