Non-zero dispersion shifted fiber will account for 75% of new fiber- based pan-European network deployments.
What does NZDSF stand for?
NZDSF stands for Non-Zero Dispersion Shifted Fiber (BTI, aka Lambda-Shifted Fiber)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- New Zealand Debt Management Office
- New Zealand Democratic Party
- New Zealand Drag Racing Association
- New Zealand Department of Statistics (now Statistics New Zealand)
- New Zealand Dermatological Society
- New Zealand Development Scholarship (New Zealand Agency for International Development)
- New Zealand Disability Strategy (government framework)
- New Zealand Diving and Salvage (est. 1982)
- Non-Zero Dispersion Shifted (fiber optics)
- New Zealand Down Syndrome Association
- New Zealand Daylight Saving Time
- New Zealand Doctor Who Fanclub
- New Zealand Drinking Water Standards (New Zealand Ministry of Health)
- New Zealand Debt Market (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Nationaal Zweminstituut Eindhoven (Dutch: National Swimming Institute of Einhoven)
- Net Zero Energy (building or development that generates as much energy on-site as it consumes)
- New Zealand English
- New Zealand Stock Exchange
- New Zealand Embalmers Association
- New Zealand Esperanto Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
LEAF fiber, the most widely-deployed non-zero dispersion shifted fiber (NZ-DSF) in the world, has a patented large effective area and moderate dispersion to allow higher levels of power to be transmitted through the fiber than standard NZ-DSFs, minimizing the non-linear effects that degrade system performance.
Circe is the first network in Europe to utilize Lucent Technologies' TrueWave RS (for "reduced slope") non-zero dispersion shifted fiber optic cable which is capable of utilizing dense wave- division multiplexing (DWDM) technology with synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH) transmission standards.
PhotonEx achieved these results using commercially available components and non-zero dispersion shifted fiber based on terrestrial fiber spans of 100 kilometers.
MetroCor fiber is a non-zero dispersion shifted fiber (NZDSF) optimized for regional and metropolitan applications and DWDM equipment.
MetroCor fiber is a non-zero dispersion shifted fiber (NZDSF) optimized for metropolitan ring applications and DWDM equipment.
The fiber optics being deployed in Broadwing's network utilize state-of-the-art, non-zero dispersion shifted fiber that enables the support of the most advanced technology, including dense wave division multiplexing, a process that allows significant increases in the speed and volume of information carried across the network.
In the experiment, eight laser sources from 1525nm to 1565nm, each modulated at 40 Gbps, were simultaneously transmitted through 240 km of non-zero dispersion shifted fiber (NZDSF) comprising three equal segments with in-line optical amplifiers.