After an overview of the various disorders, such as autistic disorder, Asperger syndrome, Rett syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified, it covers causes and risk factors; symptoms, assessment, identification, diagnosis, and early interventions; associated conditions like communication difficulties, epilepsy, non-verbal learning disability, and genetic disorders; evidence-based behavior, communication, and biomedical interventions; educational guidelines; and living with autism and transitioning to adulthood, including housing and employment.
What does NVLD stand for?
NVLD stands for Non-Verbal Learning Disability (child development)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NVLD
We have 2 other meanings of NVLD in our Acronym Attic
- Nevada Language Association
- New Visions in Leadership Academy (Houston A+ Challenge)
- Northern Virginia Leadership Awards
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (US NIST)
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accredited Program
- Nucleus Ventro-Lateralis Anterior Solitarii
- National Veterans Law Center
- New Vision Laser Center (various locations)
- Northern Virginia Lactation Consultants (Fairfax, VA)
- Non Verbal Learning Disorder
- Non-Viral Liver Diseases (organic chemistry)
- Nationale Vereniging LE-Patiënten
- Name/Value List
- Niceville-Valparaiso Little League (Niceville, FL)
- North Valley Little League (San Jose, CA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Leraren Maatschappijleer (The Netherlands)
- Negative Very Large Move
- non viral lymphocytes meningitis
- Non-Volatile Local Memory
- Nonlinear Vortex-Lattice Method
Samples in periodicals archive:
Girls with Turner syndrome are short and can have other medical problems such as heart abnormalities, ovarian failure, delayed menstruation, mild hearing loss, non-verbal learning disability and others.
Though Archer admits that her husband was deeply embarrassed by his illiteracy, she reports that if evaluated today, he would probably be diagnosed with severe dyslexia exacerbated by a non-verbal learning disability.