Non-timber forest product extraction: effects of harvest and browsing on an understory palm.
What does NTFP stand for?
NTFP stands for Non-Timber Forest Product
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NTFP
We have 1 other meaning of NTFP in our Acronym Attic
- National Terrorist Financial Investigation Unit (UK)
- National Teachers Federation of Japan
- National Trust for Jersey
- Nordisk Tidsskrift for Kriminalvidenskab (Danish: Scandinavian Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology)
- National Touch Football League
- Newport Thin Film Laboratory (Chino, CA)
- Northern Tasmanian Football League (Australia)
- Northern Territory Football League (AU)
- No Trouble Found
- Never Take Friendship Personal (Anberlin album)
- Non-Timber Forest Products Coordination Committee (Nepal)
- Nederlands Tijdschrift Voor Fiscaal Recht (Dutch weekly tax law periodical)
- Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service (Australia)
- National Teaching Fellowship Scheme (UK)
- Navy Training Feedback System
- Neo Tokyo Fansubs (anime)
- Network of Tropical Fisheries Scientists
- New Tactical Forecast System
- New Technology File System (Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista)
- Northern Territory Freight Service (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Revenues from forestry range from timber and non-timber forest products, and water exploitation rights, to the generation and/or trading of carbon credits and renewable energy.
Those four primary themes include non-timber forest products and agroforestry, community-based natural resource management, biocultural diversity, and forest governance.
April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Panolam Industries' Nevamar and Pionite High Pressure Laminates (HPL) have received Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification through the SmartWood program of the Rainforest Alliance, the world's premier certifier of non-timber forest products.
The Non-timber Forest Products program is designed to encourage potential, new and existing entrepreneurs and youth to take advantage of opportunities to launch and grow businesses based on harvesting, developing and marketing wild-harvested products available in and around northern communities," said, Food and Rural Initiatives Minister Rosann Wowchuk.
It also aims to improve and adapt regional and local forest management policies and practices focusing on water balance, soil, biodiversity, timber and non-timber forest products, air quality including carbon sequestration, and natural risk like fires, pests and pathogens.
A team of 200 employees is working on environmental matters, including tree nurseries, seed storage and propagation facilities, non-invasive fuel wood plantations, non-timber forest products research, aquaculture research and monitoring and management of mammal, reptile and bird populations.
Although the land-use plan does include strategies for using the Whitefeather forest for commercial forestry, it also includes other usage for the area, including non-timber forest products, mineral development, tourism and recreation.