DISCUSSION The present study showed that vitamin E is an essential nutrient for normal growth and improving non-specific immune response in juvenile parrot fish.
What does NSIR stand for?
NSIR stands for Non-Specific Immune Response
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NSIR
We have 18 other meanings of NSIR in our Acronym Attic
- NASA Science Internet Project Office (Ames Research Center; Sunnyvale, CA)
- NASA Seasonal-To-Interannual Prediction Project
- Nasal Synchronized Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System
- New Solidarity International Press Service (New York, NY)
- NRL (Naval Research Laboratory) Satellite Image Processing System
- Namibia Standards Information and Quality Office
- National Stable Isotope Resource
- National Standard for Incident Recording
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Summit Independent Report
- Normalized Signal-To-Interference Ratio
- Nuclear Security and Incident Response
- NATO Security Investment Review Board
- Nova Scotia Insurance Review Board (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- National Security Incident Response Center
- National Signals Intelligence Requirements List
- Network Security Incident Response Team
- Normalized Signal-To-Interference Ratio Threshold
- NASA Software Information System
- Nationaal Schengen Informatie Systeem (Dutch, Schengen area police computer system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
9) Moreover, several studies have demonstrated the beneficial effects of lactic acid bacteria in boosting a non-specific immune response by enhancing the phagocytosis of pathogens as well as by modifying cytokine production.
The white blood cells involved in this non-specific immune response perform phagocytosis (ingestion of debris and infectious agents), and in the process produce oxidative bursts and degranulation of lysosomal contents.