Subclassification of non-small cell lung carcinomas lacking morphologic differentiation on biopsy specimens: Utility of an immunohistochemical panel containing TTF-1, napsin A, p63, and CK5/6.
What does NSCLC stand for?
NSCLC stands for Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma (medical condition)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NSCLC
We have 12 other meanings of NSCLC in our Acronym Attic
- National Conference of Standards Laboratories
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- National Senior Classical League
- National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory (MSU)
- New School of Collaborative Learning (Beijing, China)
- Nippon Shokubai Co., Ltd. (chemical production; Japan)
- Norske Skog Canada Ltd. (now Norske Canada; specialty papers)
- Napa-Solano Central Labor Council (California)
- National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Non Small Cell Lung Cancer
- North Sefton City Learning Centre (Aisdale, Southport, UK)
- North Shepparton Community & Learning Centre (Australia)
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Collaborative Group
- National Conference of Standards Laboratories International
- Nonsyndromic Cleft Lip with or without Cleft Palate (birth defect)
- Nebraska Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (La Vista, NE)
- North State Cooperative Library System (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Nichols-Smith Conservation Land Trust (Hollis, NH)
- North Shore Community Land Trust (Hawaii)
- NASDAQ Small Cap Market (trading platform)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Titled, Outcomes of operable patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) treated with image guided stereotactic body radiation therapy (IG-SBRT), the consortium found that the 505 tumors in the 483 operable patients declining a thoracotomy and subsequently treated with IG-SBRT had overall survival and cancer-specific outcomes similar to reported surgical series.
According to the current World Health Organization (WHO) classification, lung carcinomas are subdivided into small cell lung carcinoma and non-small cell lung carcinomas (NSCLCs), the latter representing most cases (75%-80%) morphologically subdivided in different major histotypes (squamous cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma, and adenocarcinoma).
Future trials will focus on treating multiple myeloma and non-small cell lung carcinoma.
18]fluorodeoxyglucose PET scans with CT images may supply the best information for maximizing treatment planning in patients with non-small cell lung carcinoma, a multicenter French study showed.
So if you take the biggest set of lung tumors, non-small cell lung carcinomas, we could further classify them as adenocarcinomas, squamous cell carcinomas, and so on.
The company is conducting Phase II studies of IMC-C225 in combination with standard therapies in refractory colorectal carcinoma and refractory head and neck carcinoma, pancreatic carcinoma and non-small cell lung carcinoma.
Earlier this year the FDA cleared Photofrin with the Lambda Plus for the treatment of early stage non-small cell lung carcinoma.