The bacteria were enumerated on non-selective media.
What does NSM stand for?
NSM stands for Non-Selective Media (microbiology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NSM
We have 143 other meanings of NSM in our Acronym Attic
- New Social Movement
- Next Subvolume Method
- Niagara Science Museum (New York)
- Nihon Spindle Manufacturing (Japan)
- Nijmegen School of Management (Netherlands)
- Nodal Satellite Multiplexer
- Node Subsystem Management
- NOHRSC (National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center) Snow Model
- Non Spacing Mark
- Non-Science Major (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
faecalis were maintained for up to 48 h in brass and earthern vessels and enumerated on various selective and non-selective media either under (i) standard aerobic conditions, (ii) aerobic conditions in a growth medium supplemented with the peroxide scavenger sodium pyruvate, (iii) anaerobic conditions using unsupplemented medium; and (iv) anaerobic conditions in a growth medium supplemented with sodium pyruvate, the latter being regarded as ROS-neutralized conditions.
Conventional wisdom tells us to inoculate a specimen on the most enriched, non-selective media first and then proceed towards the most selective media.