This was to save their own skins, not because they had reasoned their way to the conclusion that science and religion were non-overlapping magisteria.
What does NOMA stand for?
NOMA stands for Non-Overlapping Magisteria (Stephen Jay Gould)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NOMA
We have 23 other meanings of NOMA in our Acronym Attic
- Novus Ordo Missae (Mass of Paul VI)
- Number of Methods
- Purchases by the Quartermaster, Headquarters, US Marine Corps
- National Office Management Association
- National Online Media Association
- National Organization of Minority Architects
- Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association
- New Orleans Metropolitan Area (New Orleans, LA)
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Nippon Omni-Management Association (Japan)
- North of Market Street (San Francisco, California area)
- North Of Massachusetts Avenue (Washington, DC)
- Northern Ontario Mathematics Association
- National Office Managers Association of America (Dallastown, PA)
- National Oriental Medicine Accreditation Agency
- Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (New York, NY)
- National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood (Married with Children)
- Nederlandse Organisatie Model Auto Clubs (Dutch: Netherlands Organization of Model Car Clubs)
- New Orleans Model Aviation Club (Avondale, LA)
- Northern Ohio Model A Club (Maple Heights, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stephen Jay Gould, for example, referred to the non-overlapping magisteria of science and religion, with the former describing reality--what is--and the latter dealing with values--how we ought to act.