The Non-Obvious Relationship Awareness (NORA) system helps retailers identify boosters (professional shoplifters) who share common addresses, phone numbers, or identification numbers; identify the preferred items being targeted by the boosters; and identify geographic markets and patterns where organized theft is occurring.
What does NORA stand for?
NORA stands for Non-Obvious Relationship Awareness
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NORA
We have 35 other meanings of NORA in our Acronym Attic
- Number on Roll
- National Occupational Research Agenda (forum via NIOSH for occupational injury research)
- National Office Research & Analysis
- National Officer on Reproductive Health & AIDS
- National Oilheat Research Alliance
- National Online Recruitment Awards (UK)
- National Organic Registry Australia
- Netzwerk Ostwestfalen-Lippe für Regionale Agenda eV (Germany)
- Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, International, Inc.
- No Obligations, Rules, or Authority (Final Fantasy XIII video game)
- Non-Organic Radar Access (US Air Force)
- Nothing on Record Against (Law And Order TV show)
- Notice of Realty Action
- Notice of Reassessment (taxes)
- Normalized Residual Activity at 20 Minutes
- Nationaal Overleg Regionale Audiovisuele Archieven (Dutch: National Audiovisual Archives Regional Discussion; Netherlands)
- New Orleans Regional Alliance against Abuse (New Orleans, LA)
- No Radio Contact (Air Traffic Control)
- Northeast Operating Rules Advisory Committee (railroad)
- Northumberland Aquatic Club (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
SRD's SI Warehouse and NORA software include groundbreaking real-time entity resolution and non-obvious relationship awareness technologies, which combine and enhance information from a wide variety of business applications and databases to provide organizations with critical information that improves their security, fraud detection, marketing and sales operations.
SRD is the creator of the SI (Strategic Infrastructure) Warehouse, a real-time data warehousing platform, and Non-Obvious Relationship Awareness or NORA, a revolutionary fraud detection system that helps organizations detect the "insider" threat, reduce fraud, improve workplace safety and combat organized criminal activity.