The detrimental effects of HIFU on further treatment were revealed in the only report of post-HIFU salvage prostatectomy by Lawrentshuk and colleagues, in which 15 men, initially with T1C-low and intermediate risk (9 with GS 3, 6 with GS 7) prostate cancer, were treated with non-nerve sparing salvage prostatectomy for HIFU failure.
What does NNS stand for?
NNS stands for Non-Nerve Sparing
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NNS
We have 93 other meanings of NNS in our Acronym Attic
- Network Node Server (Cisco)
- Neural Network Simulator
- New Neoclassical Synthesis (economics)
- Newhouse News Service
- Newport News Shipbuilding
- Nippon Television Network System (Japan)
- Nmap Network Scanning (open source utility; Nmap Security Scanner)
- Non-Native Speaking
- Non-Native Species
- Non-Native Student
- NoNameScript (gaming)
- Nonproliferation and National Security
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Portsmouth, VA)
- Northern Neck Solutions, Inc (Kilmarnock, VA)
- Novosadska Novinarska Skola (Serbian journalism school)
- Number Needed to Screen (healthcare)
- Non-Nuclear Survivability/Vulnerability Program Plan
- National Natural Science Awards (China)
- National Nuclear Security Administration
- National Nurses Society on Addictions
Samples in periodicals archive:
A penile implant may be a viable alternative for these men because it is suggested that only 10 percent of men who undergo a non-nerve sparing radical prostatectomy surgery can benefit from oral ED therapy.
24] Surgical technique and +SM Eight studies compared +SM rates for nerve-sparing surgery versus non-nerve sparing or nerve-sparing versus wide excision.