These ten essays examine the act of refusal in depth, especially when a non-native speaker of English encounters or produces a refusal.
What does NNSE stand for?
NNSE stands for Non-Native Speaker of English
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NNSE
We have 1 other meaning of NNSE in our Acronym Attic
- Nizhny Novgorod Stock and Currency Exchange (Russian stock exchange; Russia)
- Northern Negros State College of Science and Technology (Philippines)
- National No Smoking Day (UK and Ireland)
- Nearest Neighbor Spacing Distribution (physics)
- Nearest-Neighbor Standard Deviation (spatial dynamics)
- NewAge Net Serial Driver
- No Nonsense Self-Defense (crime prevention)
- Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company
- National Nursing Staff Development Organization
- National Nutrition and Social Development Programme
- Nostrum NoC Simulation Environment
- Newport News Shipbuilding Employees Credit Union (Newport News, VA)
- National Network for the Study of Educator Dispositions (Highland Heights, KY)
- NAS (Non Access Stratum) Node Selection Function
- National Natural Science Foundation (China)
- Nearest Neighbor Standard Filter (algorithm)
- National Natural Science Foundation Committee (China)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (also seen as NSFC)
- Nascom Network Scheduling Group
- Northeastern Nevada Stewardship Group (Elko, NV)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Helena Wahlstrom, a non-native speaker of English who tutors in English, reflects on concerns about working across language barriers.
Hence, in the dominant discourse, bilingualism is constructed as inadequacy, impoliteness, and transgression, and is harshly disapproved; it is for the non-native speaker of English to be bilingual, not for the native speaker (Fusco and Gomez-Pena 1995).